Discussion Forum

Pyromancer Ascension & Chandra Ablaze

http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=43953

I was wondering if Chandra Abaze's -7 abillity would trigger Pyromancer Ascension.
Posted 14 February 2010 at 01:39

According to the text of both the answer is yes.
Posted 14 February 2010 at 11:28

Yes and no. When Chandra's ability goes off, you just start putting spells on the stack from your yard. When they're on the stack, they're not in the yard, so the quest counters won't get added unless you left something. However, if Ascension's already active, every single one of those spells is cast, so it will get copied. If you want, it is a may after all.
Posted 15 February 2010 at 15:27

^^^ That depends on whether you have multiple copies and what order you put things in the stack. For example if I have two copies of two different spells and a bunch of singletons I'd put one each of the two copies and then all the singletons before dropping the remaining two.

Learning to creatively abuse the stack is part of the game >P
Posted 15 February 2010 at 16:30

Thanx i needed to know after the counters were already on.

Also a couple other questions my friend runs a mill deck based around eye of the storm.

First does storm (ex. Ignite memories) work with eye of the storm
Second does Pyromancer Ascension work with eye.
Posted 15 February 2010 at 18:28

Yes and yes, all the copies that Eye of the Storm makes can be cast, which is unusual as most copies are put directly on the stack.
Posted 16 February 2010 at 10:09

But as everyone read it. Ascension makes the copies then eye of the storm removes them. You can't play the copies because there instantly removed. So it doesn't trigger as they said. Same with Ignite memories.
Posted 17 February 2010 at 21:03

[QUOTE=pure_chaos]But as everyone read it. Ascension makes the copies then eye of the storm removes them. You can't play the copies because there instantly removed. So it doesn't trigger as they said. Same with Ignite memories.[/QUOTE]

Eye of the storm does NOT remove copies made by Pyromancer Ascension because these copies aren't played, they are just placed on the stack. Same with storm, storm does not make you play the spell X times, it creates copies that are placed on the stack, these copies are never concidered to be "played".

What NightLoki meant was that everything that is cast using Eye of the Storm triggers Pyromancer Ascension and counts towards storm.
Posted 18 February 2010 at 09:42

What he said. Eye of the Storm is its own rules shenanery that I only really deal with during EDH and Type 4/DC-10. Apologies, I didn't make myself clear.
Posted 18 February 2010 at 10:25