Discussion Forum

Snakeform help

If I attack with a 3/3 and he is blocked by a 2/2 and is given Giant Growth making the 2/2 a 5/5 then i play Snakeform on the 5/5 does he become a 1/1 or a 4/4? what if i played snakeform on the 2/2 then he played Giant Growth?
then would he still be a 1/1 or a 4/4?
Posted 09 July 2010 at 18:30

The 5/5 would become 1/1, since the Giant Growth effect has already stacked.
Posted 09 July 2010 at 19:08

However, if Giant Growth had been Oaken Form, the card would be a 4/4 because the creature gets +3/+3. I think this is a very contreversal subject. (spelling on contreversal?)
Posted 09 July 2010 at 19:27

If there was an enchantment(enchant creature) giving constant +3/+3, then it would be 4/4, because the enchantment doesn`t disapear.
If you had played Snakeform before your opponent plays Giant Growth on the creature, then it`d become a 1/1 creature who then gets +3/+3 from Giant Growth, making it a 4/4. If the other way around, first Giant Growth and then Snakeform, it becomes 1/1. Like i said before.
Posted 09 July 2010 at 20:08

4/4, the casting order doesn't matter.

the Giant's Growth's effect last until end of turn. as a static ability, this creature gets +3/+3.

Snakeform is easily the card that has created the most confusing and difficult ruling situations in our circle
Posted 09 July 2010 at 22:48

[QUOTE=Seras]4/4, the casting order doesn't matter.

the Giant's Growth's effect last until end of turn. as a static ability, this creature gets +3/+3.

Snakeform is easily the card that has created the most confusing and difficult ruling situations in our circle[/QUOTE]

Seras is correct, snakeform does not impact the +3/+3 from giant growth, the order of casting is irrelevant. I don't see why snakeform is confusing in any way, Snakeform only impacts the creature it is casted on and not other effects that are in place boosting that creature.

KuroRyuuD: sounds to me like you don't know how the game works
Posted 10 July 2010 at 15:12

Seth, seems so, i get to know new stuff about MTG every day.
Posted 10 July 2010 at 16:33