Discussion Forum

Continual bugs

I've been using this site for years. I enjoy the simplicity and visuals. I was fine dealing with new sets not being uploaded promptly. I was fine with having to enter my credentials every time i logged in, despite me clicking the remember me box. But I'm tired of having to encounter bugs over and over. This latest one asks you to agree to your privacy notices every time I navigate to a new page. I'll be phasing out all my lists and transferring them to archidekt. Not a big fan of the site so far, but it's been promoted by well known content creators, so I guess that's where I go. I appreciate the ability to use this site over the years, and I wish you all the best. I guess I'm just writing this to see how others feel
Posted 02 October 2024 at 20:27

Recently I've lost the ability to add cards to decks. RIP MTG Vault.
Posted 02 October 2024 at 22:08

I've just fixed this. Sorry for the inconvenience! :(
Posted 05 October 2024 at 15:45

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating for me as well. I'm disappointed that the site seems to be dying. I would complain, but I don't know how much revenue this site brings in and how much it costs to maintain it. I hope that things eventually get fixed on here. If they don't, I hope that they would at least tell us that the site is dead and give us a head notice before it shuts down.
I don't think I'll go over to Archidekt, especially not because some influencer recommended it. I feel like TappedOut is the closest to MTG Vault and it's what I'm learning towards, but my local playgroup uses MoxField. Again, hopefully things get fixed here and I don't have to move, but maybe I'll back up my decks just in case.
Posted 03 October 2024 at 00:24

Appreciate the suggestions!
Posted 05 October 2024 at 22:26

This site is so poorly ran and maintained that it's unreal.

I've been a member for years, have over 3,000 decks, and have always looked past the bugs, but I haven't been able to load/add any cards for *days*.

Like... this is the *ONE* thing this site is supposed to be used for.

Get it together.
Posted 03 October 2024 at 13:59

You had ONE job to do!
Posted 03 October 2024 at 15:29

Yep, sorry.
Posted 05 October 2024 at 15:59

I apologise for the bugs. I caused these latest problems by trying to update something during the week, which backfired and caused these problems I did not foresee.
Posted 05 October 2024 at 15:59

I'm sorry my dude. Someone brought up a good point...we don't know how many ppl are involved with this site, it's revenue and updating costs/time. I was too harsh without knowing all the facts. It's is a great site and I love the interface
Posted 05 October 2024 at 22:28

No worries at all, and thank you for understanding. To give some context, MTG Vault is currently maintained with support from our other business, particularly the server it runs on, out of love for the community and the game.

I originally built MTG Vault in 2005, and Ian joined me in 2009 to create the version you use today. Both of us work full-time on our other business, which is where our daily focus goes. We've been slow with updates and adding new cards, and I completely understand the frustration around that. I try to get new cards added whenever I can find a free window but I realise that's not ideal and needs to change. It's a resource issue.

That said, we do have some good news about the future of MTG Vault, which I'll be sharing soon.
Posted 07 October 2024 at 09:37