Discussion Forum

Witch Enchanter from MH3 not a land

Witch enchanter from Modern Horizons 3 is not counting as a land, unlike other MDFCs of similar kind. She is appearing primarily under creatures in decks and makes land counts be off.
Posted 08 August 2024 at 07:31

Sink into stupor, which is an instant, is a land. Disciple of freyalise, is a creature and is listed as creature.
Guess its not consistant how they get listed. As by the rules, the frontside should get priority, so for me it makes sense if they all go in that category.
Posted 09 August 2024 at 10:45

I've updated the new MDFCs to be consistent (favouring the front face), so Sink into Stupor for example is now sitting under Instants. I'm not sure this is the correct solution for MDFCs to be honest. I'm open to ideas... Should they sit in their own category? Should they count towards Land if one of the faces is a Land?
Posted 19 August 2024 at 16:04

Sejiri Shelter, for example, is an instant on the front face that appears as a land. There are a few others from the same set that appear this way.

I personally like them to appear as lands if one of them is a land, as this was how the initial land MDFCs were shown on the site, as exemplified by Sejiri Shelter and Ondu Inversion, but I prefer consistency either way.
Posted 28 August 2024 at 20:29