Discussion Forum

creature tokens

do creature tokens get summoning sickness?
Posted 15 February 2010 at 15:54

yes, unless they have haste.
Posted 15 February 2010 at 15:57

Summoning sickness will affect any creature that comes under your control unless a card says otherwise, this includes using Nicol Bolas to steal something and turning one of your lands into a creature.

You can, however, BLOCK with creatures that have summoning sickness.
Posted 15 February 2010 at 16:32

what if the creature is also a land? im talking about something like saprolings + life and limb
Posted 15 February 2010 at 20:55

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since you already played the land, which then becomes a 1/1 saproling, they won't have summoning sickness, because they were already casted when they were put down as a land (not that land has summoning sickness to begin with).

I'm curious as to this too... because with all the new landfall abilities, where lands are also creatures.
Posted 15 February 2010 at 21:01

if the land's been under your control since your last upkeep phase, then it won't have summoning sickness when it's turned into a creature. If it hasn't been under your control that long, it will still have summoning sickness.
Posted 16 February 2010 at 10:11

so let me get this straight...

if i have 5 lands and tap 4 to play life and limb, and then i play a forest, the untapped forest from the original can now attack, but the forest i put down after i played life and limb cannot tap to either attack or for land?
Posted 01 March 2010 at 02:50

yup, that's exactly it
Posted 01 March 2010 at 03:31

2/1/2007 Forests that enter the battlefield while Life and Limb is on the battlefield will enter the battlefield as creatures. They'll have summoning sickness.
2/1/2007 Saprolings that are on the battlefield while Life and Limb is on the battlefield have the ability "{T}: Add {G} to your mana pool." Although they're Forests, they are not basic lands.
2/1/2007 With Life and Limb on the battlefield, Mistform Ultimus will be a legendary 1/1 green land creature that has land type Forest and has all creature types.
Posted 02 March 2010 at 14:51